The Rules and Guidelines for Forum Membership and Posting!
Requirements to participate:
By Registering with the Forum and Sky Relics, you acknowledge that you will abide by all Sky Relics LLC Forum Posting Rules. Failure to abide by these rules may result in temporary or permanent removal of your posting privileges.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information or advice at your own risk. The Mod/Admin Team or Sky Relics Staff will NOT be held responsible for the content of any message posted in the Sky Relics Forum or for people’s level of base stupidity
The following are our core guidelines affecting particular behaviors on the Sky Relics Forum. All users are required to follow these guidelines. If you do not, then the Moderators will contact you to make any necessary changes to you’re forum posting habits or user account. You will not receive an official forum Warning (see below) If you comply with these requests in a polite and timely manner. Think before typing..
Your first few posts
You will be required to follow the regs with regards policies and posting types with new accounts, each time you post on these forums for the first five – ten times. This is our way to verify that you’re human (or at least not a spambot). Making entirely trivial or one answer posts as an attempt to get past this limit and regulation – I.e Yes, LOL, LMAO or plain weblinks. Will result in moderator attention. And a possible Ban
Using the forums
The Sky Relics Forum has an entire sub-section for home-brew and original designs of ‘Relic Ship’s, character concepts, Game’s, painted models, conversions, ideas, short stories, and other Fan based Stuff. , remember to Please post your stuff in the relevant sub-forum, put rules in the Fan Designs & Rules root, and do not post designs in other forums – such as the Fan Articles forums, General Discussion, etc.
Fan-created artwork belongs in the Fan Art section. Material posted directly into the forums using an IMG tag should preferably be restricted to sizes of no more than 600 pixels on a side for the convenience of other users who may be on slower or bandwidth-limited connections or smaller screen sizes. While isolated instances of going over the limits may be tolerated, repeated violations will be handled by the forum moderation staff as they deem appropriate. Please feel free to include a link back to the full-size or high resolution version in your post for users who are interested in seeing the full thing.
Be aware that images must still follow all of the normal forum rules regarding acceptable material (see below). Because they cannot be filtered by the forums software, the forum moderation staff will issue a warning for Rule Violations if images you post contain profanity; the normal rules regarding complete censoring still apply as well. While posting images in relevant threads is acceptable (particularly in the case of miniatures), excessive posting outside the appropriate forums is discouraged.
It is acceptable to post your design or fan work in the appropriate sub-forum, and then provide a link to that thread in posts in relevant threads in another forum.
The forums in general are not a roleplaying venue. Please restrict “in character” commentary to the Faction boards. While a limited amount of joking around or pseudo-in character banter is tolerated, excessive amounts outside those boards may be deemed off-topic or otherwise result in the forum moderation staff taking action.
- Extended “in character” monologues may also be posted in Fan Fiction.
- Confront an opinion, rather than a person; personal attacks of any kind are not tolerated. Proper conduct includes treating each other with respect.
- The posting of messages or materials that are obscene, abusive, discriminatory or threatening in nature, or designed to harass or intimidate another person are not tolerated.
- We encourage lively debate about a number of topics, however when you object to a post to the point where you intend to attack the poster, contact the Moderators. The post may also be objectionable to us, in which case a heated response will just get you in trouble as well.
- If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Moderators directly, or by using the “Report To Moderator” button available at the bottom right of any post.
- Hate speech of any form is not allowed nor tolerated..(No arguments or warnings here, Zero Tolerance)
- Excessive use of swearwords in member posts is also not allowed since this is a PG-13 site.
- Links to websites with swear words are allowed if the poster provides a content warning along with the link. This exception only works for Rule Violations. Links to content against other forum rules, like adult websites, will receive a warning.
Don’t start or provoke trouble
- Posts the Moderators consider overly confrontational will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, trolling, triggering deliberate flame wars and ignoring in thread requests from moderators.
- Additionally, this rule covers actions that span more than a few posts. This includes deliberate, conscious and continued antisocial behaviours like thread crapping. If you have a problem with the basic premise of a discussion such that you wish it weren’t taking place at all, just ignore it.
- Blotching the thread with confrontational posts that don’t add anything to the discussion will infringe the forum rules.
No politics or religion
- Real World Politics and Religion are topics not allowed for discussion on this board. Take it to FB or Twitter
- All Off Topic posts belong on the Off-Topic board. Off-topic posts should be limited to non-controversial subjects.
Absolutely no posting of other people’s personal information without their express permission.
Leave all personal and private problems at the Gateway
- Do not bring problems or flame wars from other message boards or webpages to this one, or personal issues from any other source.
- You have a problem with someone, DO NOT bring it in here.
- Do not post without contributing to the discussion at hand. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The occasional frivolous post won’t attract much strutany or issue.
- However systematic behavior and thread hijacking will be addressed with Warnings and Bans as necessary. Posts may be moved or deleted in these cases. This rule will be especially enforced in a few selected threads, like the News thread in the General Forum, for obvious reasons.
No trading, soliciting or commerce
- Do not offer to buy, sell or trade anything on these forums.
- Do not post links to active E-Bay auctions or similar content. It is acceptable to link to completed auctions. It is not acceptable to mention items on active auctions even if a link is not provided.
- Do not post links to online businesses, including kickstarter-style projects, without first gaining permission from a site Admin. It is acceptable to post links to online stores, local game stores or other resources in response to a request from a fellow poster as long as the other rules are followed. The key is: no unsolicited advertising.
- Do not ask for medical, legal or other professional advice (seek proper advice and apply common sense). Do not request emergency crisis counseling or solicit personal financial donations. The forums will refuse any liability that those actions may create.
- If you are unsure whether your link is acceptable or not, please contact a site Admin.
Copyright and Quoting Other Sources
- This message board will not be used to distribute, facilitate or distribution of unauthorized or illegally obtained copyrighted materials. This includes posting a link or even just references to websites or resources that distribute such, whether it happens on the internet or does not.
- If you post materials from other websites (including news sources), books and/or newsgroups:
- Provide a link to the source web page, where appropriate
- Give credit to the original author
- Never quote more than a few lines from any source
- Summaries of news articles are acceptable and in fact preferred, with links to the original article included.
- If you re-post material from the Sky Relics Forum you are also asked to give credit when appropriate.
Staff and Mods Executive privilege
- The Administrators and Moderators have the right to edit, delete, move or lock any message and/or thread for any reason.
- There may be NO warning and NO explanation as to why. We use our own discretion and judgment.
- This means that even if we’re wrong, it’s our right so long as we think our actions are necessary to keep the forum clean, and a desirable place to hang out. Often we’ll attempt to notify you when such measures are taken.
- Posts that break any of the rules or are deemed inappropriate by the Mod/Admin team are removed to a separate storage area for review and documentation.
- Below is our typical and preferred course of action. However, we have the executive privilege to make exceptions and deal with posters as we deem fit.
- Every poster who violates the rules, with the exception of the violations listed below, will receive a Warning.
- If a poster accumulates three or more Warnings in a 12-month period, they will lose posting privileges for a time designated by staff.
- Note that there will be no additional Warnings between the week-long and month-long Suspension.
- Posters will receive one Final Warning between the 30 day suspension and Permanent Bans. This Final Warning is used as a last reminder to you that you will soon be permanently Banned from the boards unless you immediately modify your behavior.
- All violations over one year (365 days) old are not considered in determining Suspensions. Suspensions will be issued purely on the basis of the number of Warnings received in the last 12 months.
- If you suspect that a Moderator is behaving inappropriately or has made a mistake, do not hesitate to contact the Administrators.
In case the source of your complaint is the Administrators, please contact Customersupport@Skyrelics.com
Offences which may result in an automatic ban:
- Communicating any kind of threat
- Making out of context threats, non gaming. I.e. Threatening to harm someone, not making a lost game into something serious in nature.
- Circumventing or trying to circumvent an existing ban
- Posting using another person’s username with or without their permission. This can result in both parties being banned.
- Creating more than 1 account on this site. If you feel you have a legitimate reason for having multiple accounts, contact the Admins to discuss.
- Posting pornography of any kind
- Violation of Copyright
- Hacking the site or someone’s account
Please think carefully before you take any action that will cause you to lose your posting privileges.